This is an ideal way to:
- Manage customer expectations for items that might no longer be available by the time they order
- If you’re running low on inventory of certain ingredients, label those dishes as being limited availability
- Mark items such as prime rib that is “only while supplies last”
- Create “scarcity” on items to make the more appealing to customers
- Making an item or modifier limited
To make an item or modifier limited:
- Click Items or Modifiers in the admin navigation.
- Find the item or modifier you want to mark as limited and click the Edit button on its row.
- Look for the "Extra Details" box and check the box to mark it as limited availability.
- Click the Save button.
- You can also change the label for the "limited" text.
How limited items look
When an item is marked as featured, there is a bell icon next to it in various places on the customer facing view to help draw their eye to it.
You can also change the label "limited" to something else.